CANADA’S LARGEST STARTUP EXPERIENCE
We are scaling up to offer 1000 high-school and university/college
students a hands-on experiential learning opportunity, which we hope
will give them a unique opportunity to reflect on, and challenge their
career assumptions – with a view to making more informed career
During the weekend startup experience, students will be led through
our structured design thinking approach: finding an important problem,
developing viable solutions, validating the optimum approach and
building a compelling business case. During the intensive interactive
experience, they will also get the opportunity to creative problem solve,
and work in dynamic teams, in order to learn about themselves, their
passion and the impact they might have on society.
The BEST Weekend Startup Experience will enable students to;
• Discover their passion, and if entrepreneurship is right for them
• Connect with like-minded people during a shared experience
• Learn if they have what it takes to start a company
• Explore future career options
• Identify a real problem, develop potential solutions, select and validate best solution
• Build a business case, create a pitch, receive expert feedback
• Nurture a team and develop their experiential learning and leadership skills
Friday November 8, 2019 from 6:00 PM – 11:00 PM
Students meet each other and identify a problem
Saturday November 9,2019 from 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Students form teams, develop / test solutions, and develop the
Sunday November 10, 2019 from 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Students practice pitch, and receive feedback
Closing event: Sunday November 10, 2019 from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Invited teams will make the main pitch, receive feedback and be
Our Sponsors & Partners
What is the event? Why should I participate in the Startup Experience weekend?
The BEST Startup Experience is a great experiential learning opportunity that provides a safe space for you to experience an entrepreneurial mindset, to expose yourself with new challenges and explore yourself and find out what you are good at and what areas you need to improve on. It will also help you to make more informed career decisions.
Is it for everyone or only students who have business ideas?
Everyone is welcome to participate in this event. You can bring your own challenge or choose one of the challenges
that will be presented on the first night of the event.
Does it require an overnight stay and will an accommodation be provided?
The days will end at 10-11 PM so no overnight stay is needed. Attendees are responsible for booking their own transportation and lodging (if needed)
What does the ticket include?
– Meals over the course of the weekend
– Amazing team of mentors and support
– An opportunity to connect with startup co-founders, leaders, developers and entrepreneurs
– Free internet and coffee throughout the weekend
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Bergeron Entrepreneurs in Science and Technology
Lassonde School of Engineering – York University