UNHACK (Design Sprint) – Design Solutions – Impact Lives
November 20 @ 5:00 pm - November 22 @ 3:00 pm
“Creativity is intelligence having fun” – Albert Einstein
Put your intelligence at fun on Nov 20-22, at the heart of York University – Lassonde School of Engineering
UNHack – focused on “UN Sustainable Development Goals” is calling all aspiring change-makers.
Whether you’re in engineering, business, science, health, environmental studies, humanities, or more, join other like-minded students and solve some of the world’s most important problems. Over the weekend, you will collaborate on addressing global challenges, and form teams, to follow our structured design thinking approach.
During the weekend, students will be led through our structured design thinking approach:
- Discover their passion, and if entrepreneurship is right for them
- Connect with like-minded people during the experience
- Explore career opportunities
- Build a business case, and create a pitch
Students will have access to Mentors, Workshops, Startup Founders & Co-Founders and will provide networking opportunity to connect and learn.
Who can apply?
Open to University, College & High School students!
Prizes valued in excess of $1500!
- Opening Ceremony: FRIDAY November 20th from 5:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Team formation and problem identification
- SATURDAY November 21st from 9:30 AM – 5 PM
Solution Development, Solution Validation, and Making a Business Case
- SUNDAY November 22nd from 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Students practice pitch and receive feedback
- Closing Ceremony: SUNDAY November 22nd from 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM
Invited teams will make a pitch and be awarded prizes
The event is open to all High School, College & University students who have an interest and passion for Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Creativity.
Questions? – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BEST Lab- Lassonde School of Engineering | York University